Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Suggestion to Amazing Race for a Detour in Amsterdam (NL)

Today I saw a 500 EUR bill again. No, no, dont heat up, I dont have it. Just saw it in the bank. It reminded me running around Amsterdam for some days trying to spend it...

Hotel bill was more than 400, but no, they rejected the 500 EUR bill. No shop took it. They told to go to a bank and change it to some smaller bills, but banks (I think it was Rabobank) have very short working hours. The bank was open until 5pm. I came a little bit after 4pm. And no, I could not change the 500EUR bill. They do not wor with the cash after 4pm. WTF? How could I know that?!
I took that 500 EUR bill back to Riga. Thank my "paranoia" for having some more cash and a credit card.

That might be a detour hard to complete after 4pm. Everyone would take a detour of spending a 500EUR bill in Amsterdam. How hard could that be? Very hard... It seems a very easy task: you have a 500EUR bill and need to buy something for about a hundred in a small family owned shop. Its not.
Racers will be forced to do other side of the detour or wait until 9am, when banks open up, to exchange the damn 500EUR bill. If that assignment is a Road Block then thats even trickier.

No comments: